Monday, August 4, 2014

It's Really Happening!

Milagros, milagros, milagros, 
Such a great week. oh man I will try to explain, it would be so much better if I could explain to you in person but here we go...

Hermana Andrus, Perla, Michelle (13), Katy (11), Jr (9) Hermana San Juan

So we have been trying to set a date with Perla and her family the whole time I have been here but it has just been really hard because her husband's work schedule is crazy and they want to be baptized all together and we still have a bunch to teach him. For his work schedule he is gone for 14 days and then back one day. It's the worst. So Hermana Andrus and I fasted for them and prayed for a way for them to be baptized this transfer. So Saturday morning we go over to their house for lunch (pics attached) and Perla says "Hermanas we have a special guest joining us for lunch today." Then about 15 minutes later her husband walks in the front door! We taught him everything else he needed to know for baptism and went over the baptismal interview questions with the whole family. They all passed with flying colors and we set a date with them for August 24th!! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING. We figured everything out with his work schedule and it was really such a blessing. You guys, it's a family of five. So beautiful. We talked to them about the temple and how they can be sealed in a year. We couldn't hold back the tears. That right there is what it's all about.


Perla making empanadas for us.


She knows they are my favorite.

  Training is a blast. Hermana Andrus is awesome. We are having the time of our lives and just working hard. We had president interviews this past Tuesday. It was good to get to know President Drake a little better. It's different without President Crawford but I know we need President Drake here now. He is such a sincere person and I can tell that he just wants the very best for us and this mission. You can tell that he does what he does because he loves God and wants to serve him.



Bryan and Pepo wore ties to church they be catchin' on.

Spencer...I can't believe you leave Wednesday. It seems like I was there just yesterday. I can recall that day perfectly. You are going to be the best missionary Mexico has ever seen.
I love you all so much and I miss you dearly. Your prayers are felt. Thank you for everything. THE CHURCH IS TRUE.

Con mucho amor,
Hermana San Juan

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness a family of FIVE!! This is so exciting Katelyn. I'm so happy for them and for you that you've been able to participaet in such an amazing process. You have done so much good in Texas it's ridiculous. So proud of my niece!! And I hope you're learning to make empanadas. I'm thinking you're definitely going to have to make us some when you get home. :)

    Love you,
    Julie (and Tom too)

    PS--We had a really rough night last night because our dog Lexus died. Tom and I haven't cried this much in ages. I'm pretty sure there's a special place in heaven for dogs though, right?

    ReplyDelete