Monday, August 11, 2014

This Week Was a Good One.


 Jaimes Baptism!
(He's the one next to me, Raul is the one next to him.)



Jaime

Mostly because Jaime was baptized and I can't even explain in words how amazing it was. Everything turned out perfectly and Jaime called us after and said "I feel the happiest I have ever been, I didn't think this was possible."



Preparing for the baptism.



Jaime and his Hermana missionaries.
He made these hair clips for them and they wore them to his baptism.


Hermano Raul Rodriguez, Hermana Andrus, Katelyn

I think the baptism was so beautiful because of all that Jaime had to change in his life to get to that point. He was at rock bottom when Hermana Williams and I found him outside his apartment smoking. So just seeing him at the baptism all dressed in white was something that I can't describe. I think it's something of how Christ feels for us. It was also neat because we had a member named Hermano Avalos speak at the baptism and he and Jaime are both from Guadalajara, Mexico so the first time they met they had a special bond. Hermano Avalos could hardly hold in his tears while speaking. Also the person that baptized Jaime was Hermano Rodriguez. You guys I will never be able to repay this man for what he has done for Jaime. He is also from Guadalajara, Mexico (immediate bond) and has always been there for Jaime. This past week when Satan was working really hard on Jaime (because that's what always happens the week of a baptism--ugh) Hermano Rodriguez would show up at Jaime's house just when he needed him the most. 

This is part of my journal entry about yesterday: "Raul Rodriguez baptized him and while they were in the font they were looking directly at each other while Raul said the baptismal prayer and Raul got super choked up. I think in that moment he really truly saw Jaime how God sees him, an imperfect being who has potential and worth far beyond his capacity to imagine. After Jaime just looked up at the sky and closed his eyes. I don't think he ever dreamed of making it to this point."

Yesterday was a HAPPY HAPPY day. Also it was Hermana Andrus' first baptism so she was super stoked all day!!! haha she is awesome.


Kevin is a recent convert and he is the bomb.
We love Kevin.

We focused a lot on finding new investigators this week and we ended up seeing a lot of miracles and meeting a lot of prepared people! Specifically we met a man named Jorge. He was outside drinking beer on his porch. We talked to him for a little bit and then he began to open up. Just got out of jail for drunk driving and wants to change his life around. He told us something that really stuck with me. He said that the reason he got in so much trouble growing up was because that's what people expected of him. He said that people would tell him all the time, including his mom, that he was worth nothing and that he was going to end up behind bars one day. So thats what he became. He didn't want to be that person but he felt like there was no other choice. We bore testimony that there is a God who loves him and I think it touched him. We are going back in a couple days.

I know that this Church is true and it changes lives. I love you all so much.  

Con mucho amor,
Hermana San Juan



 This was the tiniest, cutest dog ever.


What a member made us for dinner the other night....
Yes this is what it looks like..hot dogs, french fries, and lettuce. 
Apparently is what they eat in Peru??


Hermana Andrus is obsessed with the clouds of Texas and it has rubbed off on me.
BUT SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THEM!


Makin' some Mexican food, including Salsa.




We went to BDUBS. Hna Perez, Hna Salcido, me, Hna Andrus


I LOVE HERMANA SALCIDO!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness--the stories of Jaime and Jorge--AMAZING!!! It just seems like every single week you have seen people's lives change for the better. Miracles I tell ya--miracles!! How awesome that you get to be a part of such a great work. And that puppy? Ya I need that little guy about now. Not sure about the hot dog/french fries/lettuce meal, but hey--could be worse! Add a bit of ketchup and it could be delish--OK well maybe not quite to delish, but definitely doable! We sure love you. Keep up the good work.

    Love,
    Aunt Julie (and Tom too)

    ReplyDelete