Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Too Much Tennis!

Hey hey it's me again!

So I hope yall are prepared to hear a really weird story. So last
Monday we played tennis basically all day with the Elders in our district.
It was a BLAST but by the time 6:00 came around and we had our first
appointment we were exhausted! (It seemed like a good idea at the time). So
we go try the person and they aren't there and we are walking back to the
car and Hna McCormick tells me that her head hurts and she feels kinda
weird so I asked if she wanted to go back to the apartment but she said she
was okay to keep going. So we went to our next appointment which was with
Alex and on the way there she is acting SO WEIRD. You guys she couldn't put
a sentence together and she couldn't remember any Spanish at all. So we are
at our cita with Alex and she is trying to speak to him in Spanish but it
came out as weird Spanish/pure English. At first it was really funny and we
were all laughing because she was trying to tell him that her dog had
puppies and she kept saying "my perro had poopies!!" haha but then she
almost passed out and couldn't remember where we were or what we were doing
or how to speak any language so I started to freak out a little. So I told
her I was going to take her home but we had a lesson at 8:00 with one of our
investigators and she was insistent that we went to that lesson.  So we
went, and to be short, it was probably the worst lesson of my life...our
investigators mom told us to never come back again and hna McCormick was in
the bathroom throwing up and yeah...haha.  It was something else that's for
sure! Hna McCormick didn't remember any of it the next day so I told her
everything that happened and we laughed about it basically all day haha.

President Crawford told me one time that the secret to life is turning a
negative into a positive!

Anyway, in better news! Alex and Gloria are getting baptized this
Saturday!! I could not be more excited! It's so interesting to me to compare
the two because getting Alex to this point has been such a long journey and
getting Gloria to this point has been so easy! I just know that God loves
his children and he will guide them to the truth in the best way for them.
This week is going to be a little stressful trying to teach Gloria
everything she needs to know before baptism and getting Alex moved out but
I couldn't be more grateful and happy. You guys the Church is true!

I love you all so much! And Hayden I'm so glad you are okay.  That is truly a
miracle story.  You are a champion!

Con Amor,
Hermana San Juan

Elder Mamea trying to pump up our flat tire with a bicycle pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment