Monday, May 19, 2014

Three Miracles

Hey yalllll (I promise I will never say that when I get home)

Three miracles this week:

#1 The most important one. I found $11 on the ground.

#2 We were walking out of an apartment complex and this lady came up to us and asked if we were Mormons and then told us that her sister is a member of our Church and that she has been wanting to talk to missionaries forever but she could just never find any! Then she asked if we could come back the next day! uh yeah! 

Katelyn, Gloria, Hermana McCormick
#3  I can't believe I haven't told you guys about Gloria yet!!! We have been teaching her for about 2 weeks now and she has a baptismal date for May 31st. It's basically the coolest story ever how we started teaching her. So she is a friend of Hermana Badillo (a member in the ward). And they met about a year ago but hadn't really talked since then. So one day Hermana Badillo was on her knees praying to God for an opportunity to share the gospel with someone. Then not too long after she hears a knock on her door. It's Gloria! Gloria came over because she had been feeling a little empty inside and knew that Hna Badillo went to a church and was really happy there so she decided to go over to her house and ask if she could go to church with her. Hna Badillo of course said yes and called us right after and invited us to go over to her house and teach Gloria! We invited her to be baptized and she accepted. She is SO prepared. This experience has strengthened my testimony even more that miracles do happen and that God loves all his children.
 

There was a big rainstorm the other day and the streets were flooded. 
I love you all so much! Thank you for all your support and love! I love getting letters, packages, and e-mails from you all they really make my day.






Thanks for the muffin mix Dad. They were delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I LOVE the story about Gloria! It's always so great to hear examples how God really does know us--all of us--and is waiting and ready to answer our prayers. Good for her friend for showing how much she loves being a member of the Church--so much so that Gloria noticed. It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from President Kimball years ago: "Major growth will occur in the Church because many good women will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and … are seen as distinct and different—in happy ways—from the women of the world." It is AWESOME to be a woman in God's church and we should all exude that happiness! Anyway, May 31st will be a happy day. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete