Monday, September 15, 2014

Sick Week

wad up!
So this was a SICK week. Not sick as in cool but sick as in Hermana Andrus and I have felt pretty terrible all this week. Although I am pretty lucky because this is like the first time I have been sick my whole mission. I think we must have eaten something weird pero quien sabe. Hopefully we will be feeling better pretty soon here!
On Tuesday we had MLC which is a leadership meeting that they do once a month. It was really great because I got to see alot of my old mission friends and we were able to set some new "standards of excellence" for the mission. It was also really cool because president Drake told us that we surpassed our mission record for baptisms for the month!! We got 57 baptisms and our record was 50. Then he said something that I really loved "all records are meant to be broken". So we were all really pumped up and are shooting for 60 this next month.
We taught Rolando and his family again this week. They were having a really stressful week because the managers of the apartment complex that they are living in told then that they had to be out by Sunday. So as you can imagine he was in full on survivor mode trying to find a place to take him and his 6 kids. We contacted some members and found a trailer that was for sale. That was a huge relief for him. He couldn't come to church yesterday because he was moving into the trailer but he is really excited about our message.  He feels like we couldn't have come to his house at a more perfect time. We feel the same way.
Here is a quote that I really loved this week: 
"What you are becoming is alot more important than what you are doing" (Elder Nelson).
I know that this is the true church and that God has a plan for each of us. I know that with the help of the atonement we can become who God wants us to become. I love you all!
Love,
Hermana San Juan

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you are sick, but so happy Rolando found a place to live!! I hope he and his SIX kids can fit in the trailer!

    ReplyDelete