Monday, April 14, 2014

Should We Drop Michael?


 We learned how to tie ties this week.
Hello!

President interviews were this week! President Crawford is such a wise man. I sure am going to miss them when they leave in July.

So we had a little bit of a sad lesson with Michael this week. You guys I don't even know how to explain him. I wish you could just meet him to know what it's like to teach him. haha. He is so willing to do everything we ask him to do but he just doesn't have the faith, like I was talking about last week. So we sat down with him and had a little bit of a drop lesson with him (where you basically tell them you can't keep coming over anymore because they aren't progressing). Hermana Shannon and I did not want to do it let me tell you but we knew it's what needed to be done. So after the lesson he told us that he wants us to come back one more time, kind of like a last shot. So we went back on Saturday and we shared the message of the restoration and watched the short Joseph Smith movie with him. We planned it out very very well. We made sure that we kept it simple, shared scriptures, and bore testimony. It was a huge testimony builder for me. I don't know if he felt what I could feel but what I do know is that the Holy Ghost confirmed to me again that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have the fullness of the gospel on the earth today. Well I think he must have felt something because he told us he wants to know if this is true and he wants us to come back again. So we are going back on Wednesday with President Crawford so pray for us :)

You guys Martin is so legit. We set a date with him for May 10th. He has been reading the Book of Mormon like a mad man and always has a million questions when we go over there about EVERYTHING. For example some of his questions this past week: "Why did it not mention anything about Nephi not having a light when he went to go get the plates with Zoram?" "Did Nephi and his brothers get married before or after they left for Jerusalem?" haha But he's so great.

Also Alex is doing really well! Yesterday we went and watched the full Joseph Smith movie at a members house with him. He loved it. He told us that he wants to get baptized and that he loves the gospel. He is also reading the Book of Mormon like a mad man.

I love you guys so much I hope you have a great week and Easter! I get to give a talk next Sunday in sacrament along with Mario our recent convert, we are excited :)

Love,
Hermana San Juan   

1 comment:

  1. You guys are pros!! Nice ties. Oh my I hope Michael works out!! Faith can be so tough.So happy to hear about Martin and Alex. I hope it's Spring there. Trees are all blossomed out and Spring is in full force here. I love it so much. It still gets cold some days, but it's definitely Spring. I can't wait to hear where Spencer gets called to.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete