Monday, February 3, 2014

Transferred!


Best District Ever!
Elders, Hermana Salcido, Hermana San Juan

Happy February!

Sooo we got the call on Friday....I'm being transferred. But not only am I being transferred we are being flushed. Which means that both Hermana Salcido and I are being transferred out of the area! The assistants call you when you are being flushed on Friday night so when we saw their call we knew what they were going to say. The mean thing is that they flush a toilet on the phone and say, "Do you know what that means?" Rude, right? haha. We were not expecting that at all. The reason they are flushing us is because almost half of the Hermanas that are out here are going home this week and only one is coming out so they have to shut down some areas for a little while until more Hermanas come out. So they shut down our area and are combining it with the Baytown East Hermanas area. So Hermana Salcido will still work our area but this time it will just be combined with the other area. Does that make any sense? haha


Elder, Hermana San Juan, Hermana Salcido

Anyways I'm pretty sad to leave Baytown and Hermana Salcido but I know it's what is supposed to happen even though it's hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss Baytown. And Hermana Salcido because you hardly ever have a companion that is basically your twin.

Also a little bit of sad news. We went over to Katias on Monday and she told us that she is moving back to Dominican Republic. :(  My heart broke. She had a baptism date for this Saturday. She is moving back with her daughter over there because she doesn't have enough money to live here. I was so close to telling her that she can just come and move in with us. She had to be out by Saturday so everything moved really fast. We went over and helped her pack her stuff on Friday and then she was gone Saturday. She told us that she would keep in touch and tell us when she is going to get baptized. She thanked us for everything and told us that she will be forever grateful for us. Those lucky people in the Dominican Republic they get one of the best people I have ever met.


 Katelyn, Katias, Hermana Salcido

GOOD NEWS! Hugo is progressing sooooo well. We have become really close with him and Gloria and I am so sad to leave them. When I told them I am being transferred...oh man it was sad. Hugo is a man of very few emotions but when he was saying the prayer at the end of our lesson he prayed for me in my new area and thanked Heavenly Father for sending me to them. I'm not saying this to brag. I'm saying this in the most humble way possible because the mission has taught me how to love and to see people how God sees them. I am so grateful to have met them. They really have become such a happy part of my life. But when I told him I could come back for his baptism in a couple weeks he was really excited.  

I love you all SO much. Thank you for being such great examples to me and being so supportive. This gospel is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and He lives and we will all live again. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it can change lives.

Con mucho much amor,
Hermana San Juan :)







Katelyn and Hermana Salcido
Sunday Dinner at the home of
a member.










The following photos are of their morning run.  Such obedient missionaries:







No comments:

Post a Comment