Monday, July 29, 2013

Two Month Mark

 

Hermanas San Juan and Arcila
29 July 2013

Hi!

So fun fact: today is my two month mark! I can't believe I have already been out for two months! Man time sure does fly by. This week has been SO hot. And it's the end of the month so we are almost out of miles on our car...which means we did alot of walking and riding bikes. But I don't mind because I got to burn off all the tortillas I have been eating somehow! And I am pretty lucky to have a car in the first place so it's all good.

Okay I just realized that I haven't really told you anything about my companions so here it goes. Hermana Arcila: She is the brown one in all the pictures haha. She is from Washington D.C. Her dad is Columbian and her mom is Guatamalan. So she knew Spanish before she came on her mission. Love her. Hermana Seely: She is from Mt. Pleasant, Utah and she is the sweetest thing ever. She didn't know Spanish before the mission so I can relate to her a little better in that way. And she is way good at Spanish now so it gives me hope!

Okay so cool story. On Tuesday this past week we were walking on the side of a pretty busy road to get to one of our investigator's houses. And all of a sudden this car pulls out in front of us and parks and we were like oh no it's a creeper. But this older lady got out of the car and the first thing she says is "I'M MORMON" haha. She was like "What are you sisters doing walking on the side of this busy road it's dangerous out here!" So she offered us a ride and we got in her car. Turns out she is from Provo and is in Texas visiting her mom who was with her too. Her last name is Weeks. They are such sweet ladies. They invited us over for dinner on Sunday so thats what we did yesterday! It was so much fun but man they made alot of food. I'm still full! Elder Poteki and Elder Mendenhall from my district came with us too becuase Sister Weeks is in their ward so it was a party. It was a little weird being with a non-hispanic family though haha but it was so much fun and they are such a sweet family.

Anyway I don't have much time! But the work is going good! I feel so blessed to be on a mission right now. I know this is what I am supposed to be doing and where I am supposed to be. This Church is true. This gospel blesses families. Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you. I know that if we have faith in Jesus Christ the hardest as well as the easiest of times in life can be a blessing. We never need to feel like we are alone becuase we never are. I love and miss all of you! :)

Love,
Hermana San Juan



2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are happy and that you love your comps. I know the language is tough, but Heavenly Father will bless you if you continue to work hard and pray hard. I am so pleased that you are well and safe and able to endure the heat. Bless the sweet people who look out for you and feed you and all of that stuff.
    Love,
    G-Pa Cable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey katelyn! Sorry i haven't writen you I've. Been kind of busy;-) It looks like you are doing well!I think its so great that you have the oppertunity to do this! I'm sure this experience will positivley shape your entire future. I can't wait for you to get back home and meet Sunny! Have you been able to see any pictures yet? Love ya tons. Take care
    Love jamie chaly and sunny

    ReplyDelete