Monday, December 2, 2013

Six Month Mark

 Just doing some light reading by the beautiful fire place in the office of our apartment complex.


Buenos Dias!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We went to a member of the English ward's house, President Pomeroy. He is my favorite. He is a nice old man who knows so much about the gospel it's unreal. So basically during Thanksgiving dinner we sat and talked with him and asked him questions. He also speaks Spanish because he went on his mission to Chile (shout out to Mason) so we have spanish class with him every Wednesday morning. It was an all day P-day for us so we got together with the other missionaries in our zone and listened to Christmas music and played games.

Katia Quitarte is one of our progressing investigators. She is from the Dominican Republic and I love her accent. She just gets the gospel and has a natural love for it. We invited her to be baptized Thursday and she said yes! The only thing is that she is going back to the D.R. in a week to visit her daughter for a month. But she said she is going to continue going to church and meeting with the missionaries there! Plus she wants to share the gospel with her daughter so she is really excited. We gave her extra pamphlets and a Book of Mormon to give to her daughter and she is thrilled.

So on Friday night Hermana Shannon sent me a text that said "Hermana St John! Happy 6 months! We've made it this far!!" At this point I started to panic because I hadn't realized that it was my 6th month mark until that moment. And then Hermana Flores said "Your a third done with your mission!" Time is flying by so fast but I am loving every moment of it! I love my mission.

Funny story. We were at a member house the other night eating dinner and the 6-year-old son was saying the prayer and he said, "Please bless that I won't get too bored when the missionaries are here." Hermana Flores and I just stared cracking up. Oh little kids.

Things are going really well here in Baytown! I love this place and I learn so much from these amazing people every day. I know this gospel is true and it is how we find true happiness. Love you all so much I am so lucky to have people like you in my life.  

Love,
Hermana San Juan :)







Waterburger with the Hernandez family!












Thanksgiving Fun!

3 comments:

  1. I love this girl so much. Such a great missionary with the light of the gospel, love and joy in her heart always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermana,
    I am so happy for you and the wonderful experiences you are having on your Mission. I know Heavenly Father is blessing you, because I can sense it in your messages to home. You have such an incredible, bubbly personality that reaches into the hearts of those you meet. I love you Katelyn.
    G-Pa Cable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cowboy boot stockings?? You are definitely in Texas!! Hahaha. I love it. Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving. I really can't believe it's already been SIX months! The time is flying by, but you are using it wisely and doing a great work for the best boss ever. I sure love you!!

    Aunt Julie (and Tom too)

    ReplyDelete