Monday, December 23, 2013

FELIZ NAVIDAD

This was such a great week. Even though things have been a little slow here because EVERYONE went to Mexico for Christmas. And when I say everyone I'm not even exaggerating. All of our investigators, the members, the less actives, and all the rest of the Mexicans in Baytown are in Mexico. Haha there were about 20 people at church yesterday. So sad. But other than that things have been great! 
My new companion's name is Hermana Salcido. She is so awesome. We have so much in common it's crazy and we even look like twins! Everyone has been asking us if we are sisters. I'm really sorry I don't have a picture I will have one next week (forgot my camera oops). She is from Utah (surprise) and she has been out about 9 months. This transfer is going to be so great I'm am more than excited.

Also thank you everyone so much for all the packages and letters! I feel so loved and lucky to have all of you in my life. I AM SO BLESSED. So really thank you.

I hope everyone has a happy Christmas! I love, love, love being a missionary at this time of year. I am seeing Christmas in a whole new light. I have been reading the Christmas story in the Bible and it all just has so much more meaning to me now than it ever has. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and for this time of year that we have to celebrate his birth. I have been thinking lately about what I am going to give Jesus this year for Christmas. I think it's so amazing how we can repent and change and just become better every day. I owe Christ everything and I am trying so hard to become more like him every day. I know this Church is true and I'm grateful for all of you (hey that rhymes). LOVE Y'ALL.

Love,
Hermana San Juan :)    

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Hermana St. John!! You are missed here, but you are where you should be. Your family is coming to our Christmas Eve celebration, which makes me so happy. Take care, and keep on keepin' on!

    Love,
    Julie (and Tom too)

    ReplyDelete