Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So Much Good News!



Feeding the Ducks

Buenos Dias!

Don't worry I am alive! Monday was Labor day so the library was closed and yesterday was a crazy day so we didn't have time to e-mail!

So yesterday Hermana Arcila had a meeting in Houston so we did exchanges and an English sister came with me to Port Arthur and Hermana Arcila went with her companion. Does that make sense? Basically my point is is that I lead the area all by myself yesterday! I was SO nervous. But guess what, Heavenly Father helped me out and I was able to lead the area and understand and teach in Spanish all by myself! It was a little rough but I did it and I am exhausted. haha Physically and mentally.

Also big news! I finally got my driving privileges! Wahooo! It's been a little over three months since I have driven so I was really happy when Elder Tolman told me yesterday that I can drive.



Okay also really good news! Alex and Alfonzo want to keep taking the lessons! We went over to visit them the other day and Alex told us that he prayed to know if the Church is true and he just had a feeling that he should be baptized! Hermana Arcila and I were so happy it was hard not to jump up and down for joy....so we did haha. And Alfonzo says that he wants to keep learning too. And their friend Miguel is starting to come to our lessons too. Heavenly Father listens to and answers prayers. Also I don't know if I have told yall about Mareasa and Angel but they have been coming to our lessons with them too. They are really active amazing members of our branch. Mareasa is 19 and Angel is 22. They have been married for about 4 years and are getting sealed in the temple in October. Angel has been a member of the Church for about 5 years and he has been so great to bring to the lessons. He has a lot of great experiences that he shares with them and he can just relate to them really well. This Monday we actually played futbol at the park with them and the boys for p-day. It was really fun! The members in our branch are the best.

Also more good news! I just have so much good news this week! We get to go to the temple on September 24th best birthday present ever! I am really looking forward to that and seeing all the new changes.

BTW the 23rd is my birthday (cough cough).


Guetierrez Birthday

So Roci is doing really good. She prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true and she said that night she had a dream that she and her husband were standing in a white room and that they were so happy. She described the room as celestial. She said that she felt so much peace and joy. The spirit was so strong when she was telling us about her dream. I know that was an answer to her prayers.

So cool story. There is this family that we were teaching when I first got here about 6 weeks ago and they were really close to baptism. It's a family of 7: a mom and a dad and 5 adorable girls. Then things got really complicated and they moved and started getting really busy so we couldn't see them as much. But we just kept thinking about them. So we decided to go visit them the other day and they were all home, it was a miracle! So we taught them a lesson and they are still really interested! We taught them again last night and things were going really well. Then there was a knock on the door becuase someone was coming to fix their water....and it was our branch president! So we all talked for a little bit and invited Nelly and her family to come to church and she said they will. Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father works?

Anyway, I love you all so much and I think and pray for you every single day. I am so greatful for all of your support and love. You guys are the bomb.com. Heavenly Father loves you and I know he answers and hears all of our prayers. I saw a lot of miracles with that this past week. Love you ALL

Love,
Hermana San Juan

P.s Man oh man is it hot in Texas right now!! And also the mosquitoes are BAD here. I basically get attacked everyday haha.

Gotta love it!


1 comment:

  1. Dearest Sister San Juan,
    It was so good to get your happy email this morning. I am so thrilled with all of the success you are having. Heavenly Father is surely blessing your efforts. It must be because you are so willing to work hard and pray earnestly. We will always keep you in our prayers. I want you to know how much I love you.
    G-Pa Cable

    ReplyDelete