Monday, September 23, 2013

I'M 20 YEARS OLD!


Hello everyone,

I am no longer a teenager.

So far it has been a really good birthday! I got to sleep in all the way to 6:30, go running, and then I ate ice cream for breakfast, had studies, then came to e-mail! So far so good! Plus I am really lucky because my birthday is on a p-day.  Wahoo! Hermana Arcila is so cute because she made me a piƱata and is going to make me a cake. I have such a great companion.

Tomorrow we get to go to the temple and I am so excited. I made sure to thank President Crawford in my weekly e-mail for the great birthday present.

So I have sad news, the boys were not able to get baptized this weekend. The sad part is, is that they really want to get baptized but their dad won't let them. They were really sad about it too but they are also so strong. They told us that they know if they just keep doing what is right and put their trust in God everything will work out. Oh how right they are.

But other than that things went really well this week. We got a new investigator this week.  His name is Roosevelt. He moved from Nicaragua about 2 years ago and has talked to missionaries before, right when he got to Texas.  But they never came back and saw him.  He has been waiting for missionaries to come back ever since! So when we found him he was so happy.  He had the biggest smile on his face.

Roci and her family are doing really well.  We are hoping to invite them to be baptized this coming up week!

Hermana Arcila and I are trying really hard to find more people to teach right now. It's a little hard because we have to find where the Hispanics live and that can be challenging. But we are working really hard and we have seen the lord bless us. It's so awesome to see all the tiny miracles that happen every day. Even in the hardest, more tiring days I can see miracles and I love it.

Tonight we are going over to a members house for dinner and cake for my birthday and playing games so that should be fun! I sure do miss all of you and I wish I could be there with you on my birthday but I have a feeling this is going to be one of my most memorable, rewarding birthdays because I know this is where I need to be.

I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this gospel. I don't know what I would do without it in my life. I love you all so much! Thanks for all the birthday e-mails and letters you guys make me smile!

Love
Hermana San Juan :)

2 comments:

  1. My Dear Katelyn,,
    I addressed you that way, because today, I just want to wish my sweet granddaughter a very happy 20th b-day. I love you so much, and I want you to know how proud I am of you. I am sorry about the boys, but things will work out for them. I know you will be led to others who will receive you and understand the great blessings the gospel has to offer. Keep smiling and loving the people, and you will be blessed in so many ways. Hope your day is a pleasant one!
    G-Pa. CABLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad about the boys, but sometimes we just have to have faith in the Lord's timing. That's a hard thing to do! They have budding testimonies, so hopefully they will keep coming to church and and nourishing that seed so one day (even if it's when they are old enough not to need their Dad's permission) they will be baptised. How awesome that you've been blessed to have a hand in that. I hope you love the first year of this new decade of your life! The 20s are such an important time where you lay the foundation for the rest of your life, and you are starting strong. Go you!!!

    Love,
    Aunt Julie (and Tom too)

    ReplyDelete