Monday, November 17, 2014

Secretos de dos no son de Dios


They are going home in two weeks.
Hermanas San Juan, Shannon and McCormick

Hola!

Another great week here in Galena Park. 

Ahh where to start. Well Rafeal is doing really well. He was supposed to be baptized this past Sunday but he got super nervous and asked if he could have a little more time. So we gave him a sticky note with 5 dates to pray about. He told us that he is just nervous about falling after his baptism into the habits again that he was in before. So we have been working with him a lot this week and mostly just focusing on the atonement and the Book of Mormon. The goal was to help strengthen his testimony of the Book of Mormon so he would feel more confident and have a stronger foundation. Well with a lot of prayer and fasting.....yesterday after church he told us that he has been praying about baptism and he feels really good about getting baptized this NEXT SUNDAY. It was such a miracle. Its amazing how well God knows his children because now he has a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon and he knows why this is the step that he needs to take. Plus I'm really happy because I will be able to see him be baptized before I go home :)

Domingo is also doing really well. The Jacinto City hermanas had a baptism yesterday so we took Domingo to it. I think he liked it, it raised a lot of questions in his mind so he told us yesterday to be prepared for our lesson with him tonight because he is going to have LOTS of questions haha. It's a good thing that I LOVE questions. But seriously I do. He has a lot about the Godhead and about why we baptize the way we do. He is a little bit stuck on the fact that God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings. But little by little he is coming to know and to feel. He is praying about a date right now as well. He could totally be ready by this Sunday for baptism so we will be praying for him to receive his answer. So pray for Domingo :)

So funny story!!!
I totally face planted it on my bike this past week....hahah
We were riding down the road and there was this annoying dog chasing us (a chi Wawa of course) so I started to pedal really fast and Hermana Johnson turned in front of me so I slammed on my breaks and just totally biffed it and my bike landed on top of me and I was face down on the ground haha. My companions were laughing so hard. Also to top it off while I was laying there on the ground laughing, Hermana Johnson goes, "Umm there is a car right behind you." So I turn my head and there is a car literally a foot behind me slowly inching closer. Apparently he wanted to park on the side of the road in front of his house and I was in his way haha. So he gets out of his car and goes "Oh hey watch out there is oil on the road right there." And then walks in his house.....I was just thinking, "Uhh yeah I know, my face is in it." haha. So funny. THEN two days later when we were riding bikes he passed us on the road and yelled out the window, "Hey don't crash!!" haha so I will have to show yall my awesome bruises when I get home if they are still there. They are pretty cool. 


Me, Hna McCormick, Hna Shannon, Hna Valdez :)

I can't even believe my mission is coming to a close. Everyone keeps asking me how I feel and I have no idea what to even say to them! I have so many different emotions. I love my mission so much and for the things that I have learned here in Texas. I love all of you! I'm so excited to see all of you again! LOVE YOU. See you soon!

Love,
Hermana San Juan


   For some reason we got a kick out of this.


 We had a thanksgiving feast for zone meeting.


Elder Danielson...this picture explains everything.

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping Rafeal AND Domingo get baptized this Sunday! And after that I hope they really do have the foundation and then the perserverance to keep strengthening and deepening their testimonies. It's all too easy to let them slide. We all have to work at it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I can only imagine how hard it must be as a new member without a lifetime of living it behind you. Anyway, I'm glad to hear they are progressing. We are so excited to have you back home! I'll already be in St. George when you fly in, so I'll have to wait until Sunday to see you. I'm sure you'll have a great Thanksgiving Day in Pason though (although secretly we wish you could be in St. George with us). Be careful on that bike!! I'm glad it wasn't worse. So . . . have you come to like or hate Chihuahuas? (That's how you really spell chi wawa.) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete